Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter Weekend


Peep




We had lots of family here in Jax for Easter weekend. As I mentioned last time, my sister was already here. Next, my brother Ken and his family arrived (a.k.a. the Kens) from Baton Rouge, and then the Dans arrived for a shorter stay from the old homestead in Ormond Beach. We had a fun and relaxing cookout in my mom's back yard Friday night after the brothers and their families arrived.


here are the brothers


See Bob, told you you should have showed up. Now these two clowns are on my blog being called 'the brothers'. What does that make you??? (stay tuned)


As you can see, the one on the right likes to talk



and talk




and explain




which occasionally puts his wife, JoAnn, to sleep


Dan is probably wondering right now why I am making fun of my one and only blog fan right here on my blog! Good question....let me think on that!


Truth be told, the favorite mealtime pastime of the brothers (both pictured and not) is synchronized speaking.




Not as much wine on this table, but they're still managing to have fun! Okay, guess which guest isn't related to me.



So, besides Easter, we were also celebrating many March and April birthdays. Chelsea did a fabulous job with the cake decorating!





Stylish part hats, right?




Here's Dan, showing off his uncley-ness.



And, my sister and I showing off our twinishness.



The next night, we went out to dinner. And, guess who showed up?? Brother #3, now known to all far and wide as....


Grandpa Bob!



Seriously! We were just being seated at the restaurant, when Bob got a text from his daughter Amber telling him she is PREGNANT!! Yay!! I tried to take a picture of the phone screen with the text message on it, but that didn't work so well, so you'll just have to trust me on this one.

I was seated right across from my niece, Sophia when she got her dessert. So, obviously, I had to take these...







I got a family Easter present for us all. A game called Bananagrams that I had heard rave reviews of from some unschooling friends. It was a hit!




Sunday night Bob came back - this time with his family :-) My sister made some of her now famous cobbler and we played more Bananagrams. Here's Bob's daughter Rachel with Chelsea...



Thanks so much to all who traveled to see us. It was a blast. I'm still full!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee thanks ...

signed - your one-and-only blog fan

Amber said...

i must say i love you blogs too but they very much make me miss Florida :-( although we are trying to get moved closer to Florida and for Nate not to deploy ... so hopefully that works out well!!

love and miss you all!!!

Zan said...

Dear Anonymous, I think she made you look very intelligent. The world is now wondering what you were saying!

someone said...

Rotten banana!! "Inners"???

Carolyn said...

Actually it's "winners" - hooked on to "powers" above it.