Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Break II

Okay - so, it's been really hard to make myself keep up this blogging thing, but I'm determined to do it. Or, at least determined not to give it up yet! So, I'm going to nix the attempts to arrange pictures into little groups of two or four and add captions or any of that. I don't actually know how to code in html, so when I want to do something new, I poke around the internet until I find an explanation or example and then cut and paste code to imitate it. Then, when I want to do it again later, I go in and edit an old post where I did it before and cut and paste some more. It all ends up getting pretty confusing and time consuming. The uploading of the pictures themselves is time consuming as well, but I'm hoping if I nix the embedded coding it will help. So, here we go.

I think I left off when the kids had set up a tent in my mom's backyard one night when a major storm was expected. I drove in the worst rain storm I'd ever driven through that night to the airport to pick up my sister who, as it turns out, had been rerouted to Orlando because of said storm. I had heard earlier in the evening that the kids had been spotted in Mom's cottage cooking pop-corn in the microwave and eating ice cream they found in the deep freezer. So, I assumed that is where they ended up for the night. But, it turns out all but one or two of them actually slept in the tent. This was a REALLY big storm! But, they all survived - here's the after picture. Notice the crutches in front of the tent, LOL. I promise this kid was already on crutches before we got a hold of him!

My sister, Suzanne (a.k.a. Zanny or occaaionally Aunt Zanny), did finally arrive. Here you can spot her in the background. She appears to be making a serious study of Matthew's Mario Kart techniques.


So, the next big sleepover involved a couple of neighborhood girls (that we had to import because our resident girl, Chelsea, was off gallivanting around Savannah with her gal-pals) who decided to use their hair-dressing and fashion sense on the boys. Several boys ended up updating their respective Facebook and MySpace pages after this modeling session!

It all started with Patrick...






Here he is with his hair-dressers






Now they've recruited their next victim...



Introducing..........Matthew









Ahhh...yet another customer!



They had to make a midnight run to get Devin's hair straightener before getting to work on Conner








Jono apparently needed no work at all, just some shades.



Not sure what Matthew and Jono are up to here.



Are these some kind of gang signs???



Oh right, I forgot....that's the international symbol for "Hey mama, I need a bagel!"



Hey, give me one too!


That's all I've got! We tried for a perfect sleepover record during Spring Break, but we didn't quite hit it. We had guests 8 of 10 nights though, which we all agreed was pretty impressive, and most importantly...lots of FUN!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks like everyone had so much fun! I'm impressed with your sleepover stamina - you're a far more patient person than I! :)

Anonymous said...

Those girls need to start a business. They are quite the fashion experts!

Dan

Ket said...

Fabulous photos. OMG - Connor? Wow, these kids are growing up way too fast. Maybe you could run a seminar on how to have a crazy, fun sleepover? You seem to be an expert. :)