Monday, February 23, 2009

Gaggle of Girls

So - we decided there had been far too many boys in the house lately and we needed to have a bunch of Chelsea's girlfriends over for a sleepover! She has a tight group of friends at school and they headed over hear Saturday afternoon after a car wash they had at the school as a fund raiser for the trip to Washington D.C. they are going on. They spent the afternoon performing bizarre operations on each other. Something about implanting bricks and making each other's hands go into a hole in the ground. It's better left at that! We had a nice dinner, then Andy took them down to the school for some night capture the flag (we did this at Patrick's birthday party and I knew it would become another sleepover tradition!). When they got home, they started watching The Sound of Music. A couple of them were getting tired and they really wanted to stay awake later, so they decided to fill the sink with ice water and dunk their heads in to wake themselves up. This turned into quite the activity! Unbelievably the noise this created didn't wake Andy up. Then they set the timer for an hour, so they could do it again. Matthew got some of the second round on video.

I wish I had pictures or videos of the other activity they kept going back to, but somehow I fell down on the job! They were swinging each other (one person at the hands and another at the feet) onto the couch. They took turns doing this for a long time! I wouldn't have wanted them doing it unsupervised, but I was actually really impressed with how safety conscious they were being without any prompting from me. They kept the back and arm of the couch padded with pillows and blankets, as well as the floor in front of the couch and they always had a spotter at the back of the couch to make sure the person tossed onto the couch didn't fly through the window behind it, LOL. No team of two could quite get either Patrick or me onto the couch. I think Patrick and I were able to get Matthew on there once, but it wasn't pretty!

I put a halt to head dunking and body throwing when I headed to bed and miraculously they kept things quiet enough for me to sleep (I'm a really light sleeper!) Chelsea and her friend Emily decided to try to start a little 'web show' and recorded a first episode in the morning before Emily went home. We didn't watch it back and find out the lighting was really poor until Emily had already left. I think Chelsea wants to get a better video before uploading to youtube, but I'm hoping I'll get her permission to post it here at least (stay tuned!)

Big sports week this week - Patrick has 3 soccer games (mon, tue, thurs) and then this weekend Matthew wraps up his basketball season and has the season opener of the baseball season all in one day. Then his advanced baseball team is playing 2 games in a mini-tournament on Sunday. I'll bring the camera!

No comments: