Friday, February 13, 2009

How to work, sleep, and blog??

Wow - this is even harder than I thought to find time and energy for. But, it's only February, can't give up a new years resolution yet, can I?? I thought my problem would be spazzing over what I write - editing to get it just right in an attempt to come across as witty, intelligent and interesting. I vowed not to do that because I knew the only way there would be time to blog regularly would be to just throw stuff out there. I figured I'd make it sort of an online photo album/scrap book and not worry much about text....thinking this would make it less time consuming. Little did I know that uploading pictures and arranging them throughout the post would be the real time sucker.

Sunday was finally P's actual birthday. My mom always makes kids work for their presents! Patrick had to crack the code on the back of her card to find it this year.

We spent most of the day at the baseball field, because Matthew played in a double header. It was a beautiful day, so Patrick brought his book, and Chelsea practiced gymnastics and cheers with a gang of girls at the park while Andy and I enjoyed the baseball games. Then we all went out to TGIFriday's so that Patrick could have his favorite baby-back ribs for his birthday dinner.





Monday, Grammy and Matthew headed to the alligator pond for some bird watching. They caught an egret, a blue heron in flight, and a woodpecker in these pix. (click on the first one that just looks like a tree trunk and you can see the woodpecker's red head)

Okay, last picture.

Random Cuteness

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you're doing great. Can't get over how grown-up Patrick looks! And bird pictures, a pileated woodpecker, no less. Awesome. Thanks for sticking with your resolution. It helps with all the space between getting to be there in person.

Anonymous said...

I fully believe that if you setting the blogging bar low, you're way better off. Who needs all the stress of perfection?

I'm glad you started blogging!

Anonymous said...

dont stop blogging!! im with Zan it does make the space easier, i still feel like im in the loop and i miss you guys soo much!!!!

love you!