Thursday, January 8, 2009

From Practice Baby to the Teen Experiment

I always called Patrick my practice baby. I am the youngest in my family and was never much of a babysitter growing up, so he was my first ever baby experience. I was clueless and terrified! I remember having a little panic attack one day when I was getting close to my due date that I thought....what if they send me home from the hospital with him before my mom can get herself to town?? Then, I immediately shifted to thinking OMG...what business do I have having a baby if I'm afraid to take it home?

Well, fast forward 13 years. In one month I'll be the mother of a teenager!! As a little early initiation into teenager-hood, Patrick got a cell phone for Christmas. Here is his reaction:




Now whenever he is absorbed in cyber-conversation via texting and ignoring the tantilizing real life coversations the rest of us are engaging in around him, we like to taunt him by singing this line from a favorite youtube video, "Your ipod's my ipod. No texting at the table!"


Oddly enough, I'm actually looking forward to the Teen Experiment. Maybe I'm growing up too!

No comments: