Monday, January 19, 2009

The Cottage

My mom (who lives across the street) has a detached garage that has been turned into a little one bedroom apartment. We call it 'the cottage' because, well, it sounds a lot classier than 'the garage apartment' and because the previous owners left this sign behind on the door.
So, one of the ways the kids like to add some novelty to a sleepover, is to have it in the cottage. Sort of like camping out in the backyard - but with indoor plumbing. Not to mention a microwave and refrigerator! We've decided to keep the cottage sleepovers unisex...call us prudes ;-) The boys each were invited to a friend's to sleep over last night, so the girls got the cottage this time.
They made some microwave mystery meat for dinner.

AND, most importantly, helped me test the new setting I found on my camera that allows me to shoot people that are moving without turning them into ghosts!!!


You may have pieced together the fact that this left Andy and I alone in the house for the night. DATE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, date night! That works out nicely!

Anonymous said...

Love that cottage! Dan