Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Blog!

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but it was sort of a New Year goal of mine to start and keep up with a blog. Over the past couple of years, I've contemplated blogging for a variety of reasons. To document our home schooling, to allow for closer contact with friends and family, as a personal journal, or just for fun! So, now I've decided that I don't need to have a theme or focus, I'll just get started and see what happens.


Part of the inspiration for starting now is that I finally got my own digital camera for Christmas! It's nothing fancy, but I have always wanted one, so I'm very happy about it. I've had access to my Mom's whenever I wanted, but it isn't the same as having one at your disposal right when a kid decides to put together a funky costume, or looks particularly beautiful, goofy, or both!


A friend of mine recently pointed me to this website, which was the inspiration for the title of this blog: http://www.enjoyparenting.com/ It was a very timely read for me - meshing well with things I've been thinking and talking about lately.


Okay - since my camera is part of my blogging inspiration, I'll have to include a couple of pictures in my kick-off post.


I love this picture of the boys when they came out and saw their presents on Christmas morning.




And here is the one and only girl-child. Decked out for her starring role in her 5th grade school musical.




Guess that's it for now. My first post. Here's hoping I'll keep this up somehow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! I would love to start doing this too. My idea for the new year was to do something more in the physical realm though, and do daily scrapbooking with the kids; each in their own book. We did one day this week, and they enjoyed it, so I'm hopeful we'll keep it up. I have a photo printer at home now so we can take pictures of what we are doing and add them in-better than a polaroid.

lisafer said...

Congratulations on your new blog! I'm a friend of Mara's and she pointed me your way. I look forward to reading more of your posts, and I'll link you from my site, if you don't mind!

lisafer said...

Hi Carolyn! I'm sorry, I thought it would link automatically to my blog. Oops! I swear it does sometimes! :)

I'm at www.whattheheckwasshethinking.blogspot.com.
Stop on by when you have a minute!

Carolyn said...

Thanks Lisa! Looking forward to reading :-)

Anonymous said...

not a word about your siblings....hmmmmm (enjoying it anyway)